Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I'm the perfect family dog

My friend Katie has been looking into getting a puppy when her family moves into a new house.  Katie is married and has the cutest one year old.   Katie has told me that she can't wait to get a puppy since she had dogs growing up.  She's considering Golden Retrievers, Labradoodles and Bernese Mountain Dogs. Now that she has a one year old, she needs to consider which breed makes the perfect family dog.  I'm awesome with kids so I love it when the family comes to visit.

In a recent email, Katie sent me the below research on the Breed:

"Bernese Mountain Dog: The Bernese Mountain Dog is another “gentle giant” – they usually range from 80-120 lbs and have a kind and gentle look about them that gives great insight into their personalities. The breed is generally very stable and trainable but requires a patient hand and lots of positive encouragement. They make excellent companions for children and other pets. Bernese Mountain Dogs were used to pull carts in Switzerland and the The Bernese Mountain Dog Club of Americaholds trials for this activity!"

You know my vote.  I'd even consider having some offspring of my own to complete the search if I could find the right b-tch.  Know any hotties?

No comments:

Post a Comment